Its been awhile. Life has changed a lot since Jonah came! I still remember the day I sat in this very spot and blogged about the dream I had.. When the Lord told me there was even going to be a Jonah. Its so crazy to think about how quickly life moves forward. You’ll totally miss it if you aren’t paying close enough attention. You’ll miss what matters.
What is it that matters, anyway? If you were to ask me, its the little things. The little things are the things that are most easily taken for granted and later, most easily forgotten. Like the way Esther always says “scuse, you, Mama” when she is trying to say “excuse me” or “bless you, mama/baby” when one of us sneezes. In fact.. I am going to take a few moments now and just list some of the sweet little facts about my people that I know won’t always “be”
- He does that adorable new baby stretch with the puckered lips and the tiny hands in fists
- He looks up into my eyes as he is nursing and I can tell there is absolutely no other place he’d rather be
- He fell asleep on me yesterday, all curled up in a little ball, so content
- He sleeps in the bassinet in the pack & play right next to our bed (soon to be changed when we get a bigger bed)
- He falls asleep about 8pm and goes until 1… or sometimes even 3… eats, and goes back to sleep
- He is cooing and loves when someone smiles at him and communicates
- He is still in disposables; We are trying to decide what type of cloth we want to start him on
- We are trying to figure out a new “normal”; she doesn’t like to fall asleep on her own so naps are rough. Very rough. I try and snuggle her for quite awhile right after I get Jonah laid down and then I walk out and just have to wait…
- She dyed eggs for the very first time today and she loved it. She was “rolling” the egg around with a fork in the dye and she just kept saying “rollin, rollin, rollin….”
- She is quite obsessed with Veggie Tales & Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
- She still loves cheese
- She calls all drinks “wa-wa”
- She is a great eater!! She often will walk up to me and say “Eat! Eat!”
- She likes to snack on granola bars, goldfish, crackers, cheese, fruit….
- She sleeps all through the night but has been harder to put to sleep lately… Often Thomas has been falling asleep in her room on the floor next to her crib
- She has been missing her daddy… He’s been doing 6 days of 12’s/week so sometimes she’ll sweetly ask me, “da-ee home?”
- She generally does well with Jonah. Sometimes when she wants attention or needs me she will get mad if he’s nursing and swat at him but for the most part she gives him kisses and encourages me to take care of him by saying things like “Eat, a-den (again)?” or in the mornings when we hear him on the monitor “Baby up! baby up!” Ah, she makes me smile.
- She is your general toddler… Like yesterday, she pulled every single shoe off the rack and piled them up in front of the door
- She loves to take walks. Thomas just found us a new double stroller (well, not new, it was on the QC buy & sell) and its awesome! Perfect for the fam.
- She likes toast or bread a lot
- She’s been crying in her room while I type this… If I go in there she won’t sleep though. Gah.
So that’s where things are currently. Yesterday I had her in the crib trying to fall asleep, him asleep in my room, and took the fastest shower I possibly could. But it was awesome. My hair was so dirty, I think I could have found bugs in it. That’s disgusting. Thomas has had to be gone so much I’ve really learned to find a new strength within myself that I didn’t know I had. I’ve had to learn a lot of lessons in patience. I’ve begun learning the art of mothering 2. Its definitely an art.
Well, I think I’m gonna go hug her. Who cares if she sleeps.